Our darkroom allows film development and enlargement up to 16" x 20" from negative as small as 4" x 5". It can accommodate 2 photographers at the same time with its 2 enlargers and its numerous processing trays.
The following equipment is available in the Studio Huit Dalpé darkroom:
- Two DeVere 504 enlargers with multigrade head with 3 Rodenstock lenses each;
- Negative holders for 35mm, 120mm and 4x5;
- A 16" x 70" sink with a water temperature controller and ventilation system;
- Development trays from 35 mm to 4" x 5" film sheet;
- An archival washer and a dryer for fiber paper and films;
- A mat cutter and a dry-mount press are also available on the premises.
- $130 for a day (from 8 AM to 10 PM)
- $220 weekend (Saturday and Sunday, from 8 AM to 10 PM)
- $450 work week (Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 10 PM)
Please schedule a visit and tour our facilities so we can answer your questions.
First time in a darkroom? Consider taking the Introduction to darkroom training offered by the Studio to better understand its subtleties.
You can also get your processing chemicals pre-mixed for 11x14 paper development for only $25 including the chemicals.
Alex Leblanc has many years of experience in photography, silver and non-silver printing as well as large format camera. His hourly rate is $40.