Photography Studio Rental
Located only five minutes from downtown Ottawa and Gatineau (Hull), we offer rental of a photography studio measuring 15' x 20' and a darkroom that allows printing up to 16" x 20".
The studio is ideal for any photographer wishing to work in an environment perfect for photography, in one of the best equipped studios in the region. The studio is average in size, measuring 15' by 20', not including the office area which is ideal for hair and make-up.
The following items are included in any studio rental:
- A 9' wide door that opens from the ground to allow easy access for decoration and accessories for multiple shooting options;
- 4 Bowens Travelite Flashes 375 (new) mounted on ceiling rails;
- Many accessories such as: umbrellas, softbox, honeycomb, snoot, reflectors, barn doors and electronic light meter;
- 2 paper backdrops (rolls), black and white, 107" wide;
- 1 colour paper backdrop (roll), colour at the selection of the Studio (choice of colour is an extra);
- 3 Muslin backdrops are also available;
- Two tripod tungsten 1,000 watts lamps;
- Some basic items such as tables, chairs, ladder, stool, fan, heater, etc.;
- Wireless Internet access, a phone line (outgoing calls only) and a PC computer.
During your rental you will have unlimited in-and-out privileges, and you will be the only one having access to the studio for privacy. The studio is also equipped with a private washroom.
- $105 weekday, daytime time slot (from 8 AM to 4 PM)
- $85 weekday, evening time slot (from 5 PM to 9 PM)
- $130 entire day, weekday or weekend (from 8 AM to 10 PM)
- $220 weekend (Saturday and Sunday, from 8 AM to 10 PM)
- $450 work week (Monday to Friday, from 8 AM to 10 PM)
Some interesting extras can be added:
- A choice of colour backdrops ($30 when in stock)
- Fog machine ($40)
- Extra Flashes ($30/each)
- Wireless flash trigger - PocketWizard ($30)
Film cameras can also be rented:
- Nikon F-90x 35 mm with 50 mm 1.8 lens ($50)
- Yashica 120 mm ($50)
- Hasselblad 500CM with 80 mm 2.8 lens and two A12 backs ($100 *)
- 4 x 5 Zone VI with 180 mm Rodenstock 5.6 lens ($100 *)
* Equipment only available under the supervision of a studio technician.
These prices include the item for the duration of the studio rental (consecutive days only). These items are only to be used at Studio Huit Dalpé. Other restrictions may apply.
Please schedule a visit and tour our facilities so we can answer your questions.
- First time in a studio? You might benefit from our Introduction to In-Studio Photography Training.
- Precalibrated lighting that fits your needs is offered for $40 each setup.
- Alex Leblanc has many years of experience in photography, silver and non-silver printing as well as large format cameras. His hourly rate is $40.
To make a reservation
To make a reservation, you can contact us or submit a reservation request online so that we can fix an appointment together. During that appointment, you will need to bring 2 pieces of photo ID in order to sign the rental agreement. You will also need to bring the full rental amount which will be used as the deposit. An alarm code and a door code will be given to you so that you will have direct access to the studio on your rental day(s).
If you need to cancel
You have up to 48 hours before your rental period to cancel or make changes to your reservation, which will incur a 25% penalty. There will not be any reimbursement if you cancel or make changes less than 48 hours before the beginning of your rental period.
The studio was conceived with photography in mind. That being said, it is possible to rent the studio for filming, however the lighting provided is for photography and the acoustics are not optimized.